Business delegation to Denmark April 18-20, 2018
Do you want to find new Danish business partners?
Join the exclusive BUSINESS DELEGATION TO DENMARK 2018!
You will experience three days of an intensive business program consisting of business seminars, networking, and most importantly individual B2B meetings with Danish companies matching your ideal partner criteria. Estonian companies from all sectors are welcome. Despite the mixed delegation, every participating company will be matched with partners from their sector(s) of interest.
The delegation will take part in international business days organized by local business development centers on the two biggest Danish islands – Sjælland and Fyn.
The Estonian organizers (The Danish-Estonian Chamber of Commerce, Enterprise Estonia and the Estonian Embassy in Denmark) have a successful track record from together organized business delegations, both receiving in Estonia as well as taking Estonian companies to Denmark.
Joining this delegation is a unique opportunity to establish your first contact with the Danish market or to grow your existing export to Denmark even further!
Day 1 – Odense, Wednesday, April 18
08:00-10:00 delegation meets at Copenhagen Airport and takes the bus to Odense
12:30-13:30 Networking lunch
13:30-14:00 Opening the Danish-Estonian business seminar in Odense
14:00-15:00 Split sessions:
- How to do business with Estonians (in Danish for Danes)
- How to do business in Denmark (in English for Estonians)
15:00-15:15 Coffee break
15:15-17:15 Matchmaking meetings (120 min)
17:30-19:00 Free time
19:00-22:00 Networking dinner for all participants
Day 2 – Naestved, Thursday, April 19
07:00-08:00 Breakfast and check-out
08:15-09:15 Transfer from hotel in Odense to Naestved
10:00-11:00 City walk in the center of Næstved. Visits to development sites within education, business premises and culture.
13:00-17:00 Bus tour to a number of places of interest in Næstved´s business community, including:
- Novenco – one of Næstved´s biggest manufacturing companies, developing and delivering high-quality ventilation products and systems for buildings, car parks, tunnels, and industry.
- Ressource City – a local center of excellence, dealing with know-how and technology on how to turn waste into new products and recyclable materials.
- Kähler Design – a ceramics firm founded in 1839 in Næstved. Since 2007, when the company was acquired by the architect Frantz Longhi, Kähler has developed a universe of popular ceramics products where the emphasis is on authentic experience.
17:00-18:30 Return to hotels
19:00-22:30 Official dinner for foreign guests, organizers, and partners of the event.
Day 3 – Naestved, Friday, April 20
08:00-08:30 Check-out from the hotel (please take luggage along with you). The day is organized for companies from abroad, from Næstved and neighboring municipalities.
09:30-11:30 Welcome words followed by keynote speakers:
“Stable business in an unstable world” Poul Erik Skammmelsen
Anchor at the Danish channel TV2 and longstanding reporter within world news. Any company experiences these years a world of political changes, a rapid technological development and tough competition in the international markets. A precondition for success is the ability tonavigate in this context. One of Denmark’s most well-reputed journalists, Poul Erik Skammelsen, provides us with a picture of the international situation right now as well as an understanding of current global trends and developments.
“Think internationally … If you want to survive” Erick Thürmer – CEO of Thürmer Tools
Erick Thürmer is one of Denmark’s remarkable new business leaders. He has a background in Næstved where he attended boarding school and did his military service. He serves as the CEO and fourth generation of the company Thürmer Tools which manufactures quality thread cutting tools. Erick Thürmer has been in charge of transforming his traditional industrial business into a modern, high tech and competitive company and he will share his experiences and perspectives with us.
Erick Thürmer also acts as advisor for other companies and as a speaker at numerous conferences in Denmark and abroad.
11:30-11:45 Short break (15 min)
11:45-13:00 Split sessions (75 min)
- The participants from abroad are introduced the business opportunities in Denmark: a thorough presentation on Danish economy, Danish business community, an overview of trends and potentials (in English).
- The participants from Denmark have a seminar on how to boost export and increase sales through international networks including advice on funding, networks (in Danish).
- The representatives of business development agencies, municipalities, educational institutions have a possibility for the 3rd track where there will be a session for sharing experience from different countries (in English).
13:00-14:00 Buffet lunch (60 min)
14:00-15:00 Two parallel tracks (60 min). The company representatives have 3×15 min individual meetings with potential customers, partners. The meetings are preset according to the company profiles.
15:15-15:45 Reception (60 min). With refreshments and final remarks.
16:00-18:00 Departure to Copenhagen (120 min)
Registration and participation conditions
REGISTRATION DEADLINE FRIDAY, MARCH 9TH, 2018.
There is a limited number of spaces and companies will be accepted on first come first serve basis. The registration will be closed when reaching the maximum number of participants (20 companies).
For a successful registration, companies are requested to fill out company form HERE. Please fill it with the utmost accuracy as the information will be used to match you with relevant Danish partners. In case of any further questions, please contact email@example.com.
Your company is considered as part of the delegation only after:
– full completion of company profile;
– received confirmation from the Danish-Estonian Chamber of Commerce;
– full payment of participation fee 500€ (no VAT added). The fee includes accommodations, meals, local transfers, three day business program, assistance from EAS and DECC;
– sending information about your company representative’s travel arrangements to the organizers. Your company is responsible for purchasing the flight ticket.
Please note that organized bus transfers between Copenhagen-Odense-Naestved-Copenhagen consider the following SAS flight times:
SAS flight SK1791 Wednesday, April 18th 06:30-07:15 Tallinn-Copenhagen;
SAS flight SK1430 Friday, April 20th 19:00-22:45 Copenhagen-Stockholm-Tallinn.
- NB The delegation is not sector-based. Companies are expected from a wide variety of business fields from food processing and logistics to IT solutions and outsourcing.
Due to a limited number of participants accepted to the delegation (max 20 persons), the preference is clearly given to companies with:
- no tax arrears,
- positive balance sheet,
- readiness to export sales,
- proficiency in English.
*All registered companies names and introductions will be published on this website after the registration deadline. The information provided to us is used for match-making purposes.
- Seminar “Destination market – Denmark” takes place on February 13, 2018 to promote Denmark as a potential export market for your services and products. It provides practical know-how, valuable information to elaborate export and sales strategy at the Danish market seminar. More information and registration at the Enterprise Estonia’s website. Languages: Estonian, English. Participation: Free of charge. Organizers: Enterprise Estonia, Estonian Embassy in Copenhagen. (Jan 30, 2018)
- Business Delegation to Denmark April 18-20, 2018 has started to roll out. Companies in Denmark have started to register for the International Business Days in Naestved on April 19-20. There’re already over 80 company representatives registered from Denmark. Participants are also expected from Finland, Sweden, Norway and Germany. Registration is open also for the Estonian companies. (Feb 13, 2018)
Additional information in Estonia:
Taani-Eesti Kaubanduskoda MTÜ
Tel +372 502 4006
Additional information in Denmark:
Tel +45 6064 3304